100 year anniversary, WWI

Several experiences that had a great impact on me during my travels and while living in Europe involved the remembrance of the two world wars. November 11 will be the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI (July 28, 1914 – November 11, 1918). Scholars are of the opinion that WWI and WWII are one conflict and we live in a world created by these two events. I have had a chance to talk with older French who lived during the Second World War and they embrace the reality which is Germany today; an economic partner and member of the European community. As a Jew and Polish on my mother's side, I endorse moving forward while still grappling with several major issues raised by this event in human history. As November 11 approaches I will share some of my experiences and the official events that mark a period of unprecedented importance.

Comments

Popular Posts